Home
About Us
Projects
News
Gallery
Contact us
TITLENews.gif
my capiz
featured projects
Firecracker-related Injuries Down in Capiz PDF Print E-mail
Information Officer Ayr Altavas of the Provincial Health Office disclosed that the number of firecracker-related injuries in the province declined this year compared last year.

Altavas said that based on their monitoring period from December 21 to January 5 this year, there were only 31 firecracker-related injuries with no case of injury due to stray bullet, unlike last year that there were 37 cases.

“The figure this year is 16-percent lower than that recorded during the same period last year,” he said, adding that most of the victims were injured in January 1.

He added most victims were injured by kamara and kwitis, where nine of the victims were injured by “kamara” and the injuries of the other nine were due to sky rocket / kwitis, the rest were injured by piccolo, whistle bomb,triangle and fountain.

Of the total victims, Altavas said that 13 of whom belong to the 1 to 10 years old age bracket, followed by those in the 21-30 year old and 50 years old and above age bracket.

He added that of the 31 firecracker patients, 30 were male and one female, and 24 have active firecracker involvement and 7 were either bystander or spectators.

Meanwhile, PHO head Dr. Samuel Delfin thanked the various media organizations, local government units and other partners for their intensified campaign to do away with firecrackers in celebrating the holiday season to prevent injuries as a result thereof. (JCM/BG/PIA6-Capiz)
 
< Prev   Next >
| Home | Contact us | Site Map | Disclaimer | FAQs | Login |
Copyright ©  2008 - Sacred Heart of Jesus Prime Holdings, Inc. All Rights Reserved.