Home
About Us
Projects
News
Gallery
Contact us
TITLENews.gif
my capiz
featured projects
Capiz Steps Up Dengue Campaign PDF Print E-mail

Information Officer Joeffrey Espiritu of the Capiz Provincial Health Office said that with the continued rise in dengue cases in the province, Capiceños must always be on guard and the public must take a concerted effort against said deadly disease.

Espiritu revealed that from January 1 to May 18 this year, the PHO recorded at total of 637 dengue cases, of which 606 patients are Capiceños and the remaining 31 came from other provinces such as Aklan, Antique, Romblon, Iloilo and Masbate.

He said that the rise of dengue cases this year is 749 percent higher than the 75 cases recorded during the same period last year.

Despite the increase of dengue cases in Capiz, Espiritu said that no casualty so far was recorded by the PHO through its Capiz Epidemiological Surveillance and Response Unit (CESRU).

Of the total dengue patients, 287 are 1 to 10 years old, followed by the 246 who are 11 to 20 years old and the others are aged 21-40 years old, he said, pointing out that most 347 of the patients are also male and 290 are female.

Espiritu likewise said that most of the patients are admitted at Capiz Emmanuel Hospital, Saint Anthony College Hospital and at Roxas Memorial Provincial Hospital.

On the other hand, he reminded the public to continue its drive to destroy the breeding places of mosquitoes and to strictly observe the other measures to make Capiz a dengue-free area.

Espiritu also encourages school officials to intensify their clean-up activities in schools to prevent students from being infected by dengue disease.

(JCM/JBG/PIA6-Capiz)

 
< Prev   Next >
| Home | Contact us | Site Map | Disclaimer | FAQs | Login |
Copyright ©  2008 - Sacred Heart of Jesus Prime Holdings, Inc. All Rights Reserved.