ROXAS City (October 4)— The city government has acknowledged outstanding policemen, firemen and traffic aides for the month of September in a simple ceremony held at the Inzo Arnaldo Covered Gym on October 1.
Certificates of recognition were given to:
* SPO1 Rosario Olaveja
* PO3 Juliana Abalayan, and
* PO3 Rodulfo Capapas of the Roxas City police station;
* Fire Officer 1 Dennis Pabilico
* Senior Fire Officer 1 Antonio Vidal, and
* Fire Officer 1 Raymund Barroa of the Roxas City Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP); and
* traffic aides Excelito Borreros, Marlon Mendiola and Ronnel Alejandro.
The awardees were also given cash and bags of rice.
Councilor Powell del Rosario, chair of the Committee on Police Matters, and Boy Mayor Benzene Catahay handed over the certificates to the awardees.
Del Rosario challenged the policemen, firemen and traffic aides to perform their respective duties well and not to tarnish the image of their respective organizations.
Roxas City BFP chief, Fire Insp. Lester Kenneth Gemotia, and Traffic Division chief, Supt. Efren Clavaton witnessed the awarding ceremony.
The city government has been traditionally giving citation to outstanding policemen, firemen and traffic aides every month./PN